- Online only
copy of A1 - 11.01.2020
When ordering this examination, please complete the registration form under the Appendices section and send it by email with a copy of your passport to email@example.com.
Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 is a German examination for adults. It confirms basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1) on the six-level competence scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
By passing this exam, you demonstrate that you ...
- can communicate in a simple way when your discussion partner speaks slowly and clearly.
- can understand and use familiar, common and frequently used expressions and simple phrases (e.g. Information about yourself and your family, shopping, work, and the surrounding area).
- can introduce yourself and others and ask other people questions about themselves - e.g. where they live, what kind of people they know and what kind of things they own.
Not so difficult: the exam components
Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 consists of the exam components for reading, listening, writing and speaking (oral group examination).
The test is conducted and assessed worldwide according to one standard.
|Test||Content||Time in min.|
You read texts such as sticky notes, classified advertisements, signs or notices and perform tasks related to these.
You can fill out simple forms and write a short personal text about an everyday situation.
You can listen to short everyday calls, telephone messages or public address announcements and act accordingly.
|Oral exam||You introduce yourself to the group. You then ask and answer questions related to everyday life and ask someone from the group something.||20|
Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 is a German examination for adults.
The Goethe-Institut examinations are available to anyone who is interested, and can be taken regardless of age and possession of German citizenship.
- For Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1, an age of 16 years old and above is recommended.
- Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 requires the first level of language skills (A1) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- To achieve this level, you need 80 to 200 45-minute lessons, depending on previous knowledge and learning requirements.