- Online only
copy of B1 - 09.05.2020 - modular
When ordering this examination, please complete the registration form under the Appendices section and send it by email with a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German examination for young people and adults. It confirms independent use of the German language and corresponds to the third level (B1) on the six-level competence scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
By passing this exam, you demonstrate that you ...
- can understand the main information when clear, standard language is used and when it is related to familiar things from work, school, leisure, and so on.
- can handle most situations encountered when travelling in German-speaking countries.
- can express yourself simply and coherently on familiar topics and personal areas of interest.
- can report on experiences and events, and describe dreams, hopes and goals, and give brief justifications and explanations.
Your presence please: the modules
Goethe-Zertifikat B1 consists of the modules for reading, listening, writing and speaking (oral exam in pairs). The test is conducted and assessed worldwide according to one standard.
The four modules can be taken individually or combined. The individual certificates for four modules correspond to an overall certificate.
This exam was jointly developed by the Goethe-Institut, the University of Freiburg/Switzerland and the ÖSD, and is offered worldwide under the designations Goethe-Zertifikat B1 and ÖSD-Zertifikat B1.
|Test||Content||Time in min.|
You read blog posts, emails, newspaper articles, advertisements and written instructions. You can gather key information, important details, and positions and opinions.
You write private and formal emails /letters and express your opinion in writing in a forum post.
You listen to announcements, short talks, informal conversations and discussions from the radio. You can grasp key messages and important details.
|Oral exam||You ask questions and answer questions about yourself, you describe something about your own life and you agree on or plan something together with your conversation partner.||15|
Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German examination for young people and adults.
The Goethe-Institut examinations are available to anyone who is interested, and can be taken regardless of age and possession of German citizenship.
- For Goethe-Zertifikat B1, an age of 12 years old and above is recommended.
- For Goethe-Zertifikat B1 for adults, an age of 16 years old and above is recommended.
- Goethe-Zertifikat B1 requires language skills at the third competence level (B1) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ??(CEFR) .
- To achieve this level, you need 350 to 650 45-minute lessons, depending on previous knowledge and learning requirements.